Thursday, July 30, 2020

Confession

mark@marktreble.com

I've had two bouts of cancer, one heart attack, two strokes, one cardiac arrest, bypass surgery, partial complex seizures and a variety of other life-shortening illnesses and events. I was a heavy-smoker for sixty years, haven't smoked in seventeen months, but that's not going to help much. I have Stage Three COPD. There is no cure.

I was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia, type 1, left side, aboout 33 years ago. It rarely strikes nowadays, but when it does it is crippling. I was diagnosed earlier this year with trigeminal neuralgia type 2 on the right side. It has only struck once, and is merely exceedingly painful, not crippling. My neurologist has also diagnosed a migraine-like headache.

In late 2018 I was diagnosed with Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, which is incurable. It is a one-way ticket to non-Alzheimer's dementia. I'm still smarter than the average bear, but I have no sense of balance and must use a walker or a wheelchair. I do not leave the house usually. I voluntarily transferred all of my clients to another of the half-dozen former top-tier global management consultant who prefers to work with smaller businesses, and Joan has been a wonder. I did this because my clients don't come to me to help them fix small problems. They come to me with existential questions about their businesses, and I do not know when I will be compromised, nor if I'll recognize it.

My own estimation is that I'll survive until about Thanksgiving 2021. I have no crystal ball, it could be earlier or later. The bottom line is that I'm not a good prospect for life insurance salesmen. I'll do my best to keep you up to date.


No comments:

Post a Comment