Thursday, March 24, 2016

Immediate future

mark@marktreble.com

I've published three books in the last five months, and need to slow down. I find if I try to work to an arbitrary date that quality suffers. Life Continues, the sequel to Life Struggles, will go to editing in April and be published in May. After that I'll send the bromance trilogy, The Finding Series, to editing. I expect that to take some time. I want to publish all three volumes simultaneously, because it's a single story. That probably won't be available in the Kindle Store at Amazon.com until close to the end of the year.

While that's in editing I'll finish the companion novellas, My Very Own Autobiography, written by Emgee. He's a puppy and belongs to Mike, one of the characters in the bromance. His books will be offered free to people who buy the individual books of the trilogy.

I'm chanelling a guy who popped into my head fully-formed. I just write what he tells me. He's already given me the story arc, and is fillilng in the spaces in between the turning points. It's a little difficult, because he forgets to tell me things like "XYZ" dies doesn't come immediately before "ABC turns back up." It seems they're a couple years apart.

It's a completely new genre for me. Men of Carolina is about two men who meet their senior year of college. The narrator, Kyle, is an author. The other man, Adam, is an actor. The book follows them for more than a decade, starting in 2002. Every time Kyle tells me what to write I'm surprised. In two weeks I'm about three quarters through the first draft of a four-hundred page book. To say the least, this is one of the strangest writing experiences of my life.

If Kyle will just shut up, I'll get back to Did You Ever See Allegro?, the story of a college band in 1969-1970. It was good, it was fun, it was unsuccessful. The story is told in vignettes from the past, separated by conversations between the two surviving band members, enroute to the other men's funerals. It's very different, and very personal. When it's done I'll need beta readers. If you're intereted, write to me at mark@marktreble.com

No comments:

Post a Comment